TREX-WAGON (Text Recognition & EXtraction for Wagon) is an automatic wagon number & container code recognition system.
TREX-WAGON is an imaging system that consists of cameras, lights, sensors and a computer. The system gives for each train passing on the railway:
- Wagon number (UIC norm).
- Container number.
- Images of the train.
All information is saved in a SQL database and can be sent to an external information system.
All stored data can be read remotely by an operator. With the included search functionality, it is simple for the operator to find and extract the data pertaining to each train.
TREX-WAGON represents the latest innovations and technologies in image capture and OCR processing.
TREX-WAGON is the essential tool for maintaining the management and safety of railway freight.
TREX-WAGON was created for:
- Automatic wagon number recognition.
- Automatic container number recognition (option).
- Storing images of the train.
- Storing all identifying information from each train in a SQL database.
- Not requiring any alteration or additional hardware installation on trains or wagons.
- Being automatic and effective 24/7.
- Adapts itself to several variables such as train speed, distance, etc.
- Being interfaced with other systems (traffic control management, X-Ray inspection systems...).