TREX-WAGON is an automatic imaging solution
for identifying freight wagon number and container code.
TREX-WAGON (Text Recognition & Extraction for Wagon) is an automatic wagon number & container code recognition system.
Actually it is an imaging system that consists of cameras, lights, sensors and a computer. The system gives for each train passing on the railway:
- Wagon number (UIC norm).
- Container number.
- Images of the train.
Then, all informations are saved in a SQL database and can be sent to an external information system. All stored data can be read remotely by an operator. With the included search functionality, it is simple for the operator to find and extract the data pertaining to each train.
So, this solution represents the latest innovations and technologies in image capture and OCR processing.
The TREX-WAGON solution was created for :
- Automatic wagon number recognition (UIC).
- Automatic container number recognition (ISO-6346).
- Storing images of the train.
- Storing all identifying information from each train in a SQL database.
- Not requiring any alteration or additional hardware installation on trains or wagons.
- Being automatic and effective 24/7.
- Adapts itself to several variables such as train speed, distance, etc.
- Being interfaced with other systems (traffic control management, X-Ray inspection systems…).
Today, TREX-WAGON is the essential tool for maintaining the management and safety of railway freight.
- Reduced cost of database management due to the automatic capture of identifying information.
- Reduced claim due to storage of image.
- Reduced risk of human error associated with manual database entry.
- Simplified management control at railway terminals.
- Increased safety and security with possible interfacing with other inspection systems (X-ray inspection, detecting defects in wheels …).
- Ease of integration with existing traffic control tools and systems.
Now, control rail traffic appears to be crucial for :
- Train terminals
- Container terminals
- Port authorities
- Industrial areas
- Intermodal terminal gates
- Border crossings
- Automatic wagon number recognition (UIC norm).
- Automatic container code recognition (ISO-6346) – (optional).
- Speed of trains up to 20km/h in standard version. Up to 300 km/h in fast version (contact us).
- Automatic and effective 24/7.
- All information about the train stored in a SQL database with (non exhaustive) :
- Date, time, location and direction of passage.
- Wagons numbers and associated images.
- Containers code and associated images.
- Images of the train.
- Retrieve collected information in database with search criteria like wagon number, container code, date, time, location…
- Exportation in real time of each extracted information to another management system through:
- An XML file.
- An IP packet.
- Another database…
- Automatic deletion of all information stored in database after N days.
- Data exportation and importation tools.
- Equipments :
- High resolution industrial IP cameras
- High performance LED lighting
- Pre-wired connection box for a quick and easy deployment (circuit breaker, switch network, Ethernet input / output module, power supplies…).
- OPTIONS :
- Possible coupling with other TREX solutions (consult us)